#YAS QUEEN, It Happened
On October 19, ArtsBoston hosted a workshop called #YAS QUEEN: Social Media and Your Brand, with special guest Christina Trivigno, Associate Director of Online Presence at the Theatre Development Fund.
Here are the Top 5 basic tenets:
1. Choose your platform. Understand that demographics differ from from one social media platform to another. Figure out who your audience is and choose what is right for you. Hint: Facebook has the largest active user base.
2. Invest in the right tools. Do you have a lot to manage or are you a one-stop-marketing-shop? Consider using a social media management software, such as Hootsuite or Sprout Social. This will help increase your productivity. Link to tools here.
3. Don’t have a platform just for the sake of having that platform.
4. Be responsible in your sourcing. Does that #hashtag actually mean what you want it to? Is that photo copyrighted? Don’t just take an image from Google. Use Shutterstock, Pixabay, or Pexels. Speaking of images – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. all have different optimum image sizes. Also, give credit when and where it is due.
5. Make your site and content as accessible as it should be. There are 4 principles to making your content accessible: perceivable, operable, understandable and robust. Click here for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
After giving us a run-down of what every digital marketer should know, Christina was joined by a panel of local #bosarts social media rockstars:
Jeila Irdmusa – Communications Manager, Boston Lyric Opera
Kate McBride – Marketing Associate, Institute of Contemporary Art
Chad Sirois – Digital Marketing Manager, ArtsBoston
Joel Zayac – Senior Graphic Designer, American Repertory Theater