Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
ArtsBoston has been serving Greater Boston’s arts and cultural community for over 40 years. Our team is small and mighty. Each new hire has the opportunity to make a big difference not only within our office walls, but also out in the world for our membership of over 170 arts and cultural organizations and thousands of residents and visitors that live, work and play here.
ArtsBoston is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of Greater Boston. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are passionate about the arts, deadline and service driven, team oriented and thrive in small, innovative environments, we want to hear from you!
ArtsBoston relies on the ideas and contributions of diverse and talented students and accepts applications on a seasonal rolling basis. All ArtsBoston internship opportunities are designed to help students meet their educational goals while advancing our organization’s mission.
To apply, please send resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘INTERNSHIP’ in the subject line along with the semester you are looking to work.
ArtsBoston is seeking a part-time, qualified, and highly motivated candidate to help support its marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator’s responsibility will be to assist in all aspects of marketing and promotional efforts in support of ArtsBoston’s Mayor’s Holiday Special. In its 14th year, Mayor’s Holiday Special is Greater Boston’s largest and most comprehensive, holiday celebration exclusively featuring discounted tickets to the region’s most beloved holiday performances. Mayor’s Holiday Special is sponsored by The Highland Street Foundation and is produced by ArtsBoston in coordination with the City of Boston and Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· 1-3 years of experience working in arts administration, advertising/marketing or public relations.
· Excellent verbal and writing skills with a demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, including editing and creating original content.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite); Photoshop/Illustrator with basic design capabilities; Constant Contact; HTML skills a plus.
· Knowledge of and enthusiasm for Greater Boston’s performing and visual arts.
· An optimistic attitude and a willingness to help with the ability to interact positively with the public and staff.
· Demonstrated ability as a “self-starter” who shows the initiative to carry assignments beyond the original instruction in anticipation of future opportunities.
· Strong organizational skills, deadline, and service driven, team-oriented.
· Microsoft Office Suite skills a must including Excel, PPT, Word
· Mail Chimp (or other comparable email systems)
· SalesForce (or other comparable database systems)
How To Apply:
This position is temporary-part time, 24 hours per week, ending in January. Occasional event attendance on weeknights and weekends may be required, but generally specific days per week can be flexible as long as communicated in advance. Salary is commensurate with experience.ArtsBoston is deeply committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of Greater Boston. People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.